^ phrase coined by the church at the 509, a commune-type gathering in Huntington, Indiana. It’s kind of an emergent word. I joke about using it, but it’s becoming part of my vocabulary. Wuh-oh.
There are some people, though, who are just really easy to “together” with. Today I laid out under a blue sky in the spring breeze and watched a kite(s) fly over my head. Freedom in Christ. Fellowship. Golden sunlight. Then homemade cookies, tea, vulnerability, and encouragement in a cozy kitchen. Beautiful.
Today had its hard moments…a few minutes after chapel, that three-hour chem exam, a moment of dischord with a friend. But God is the Restorer of all things. He is the Comforter, the Renewer, the Renovator. He’s the best-ever at it, too. I sure do love Him.
Sidebar: I’m making a list of things I want to do this summer:
– learn the basics of how to play cello. Seems preposterous, but I’m determined. Ian’s got connections.
– get a little more into philosophy. Including much more reading. Kant has intrigued me.
– spend more time at the beach, especially with Gracies who will be near for the summer. w00t!
– explore new musical boundaries on piano, including composing, please!
– take way more pictures, and figure out exactly how my camera works.
– learn shorthand, for real this time.
– run a 5k.
I think these are legitimate/reasonable. More to come soon. Suggestions welcomed.
Have an extra-ordinary day.
No, I really mean it.